Sunday, September 26, 2010

cuppy cakes!

A friend who manages a restaurant in Lodo called last night and asked if I'd be interested in making a little extra cash.

Apparently her chef needs 20 dozen cupcakes for a private party on monday - the only requirements being that there needs to be six flavors total, two dozen gluten free. So I did some math on payment, we figured out a fair price and I headed to the grocery store to buy supplies.

As of last night, I've made about 150 total including lemon, classic white, gluten-free chocolate and double chocolate chip pumpkin (holy moses, those are tasty).

Today I'm on the hunt for some cake boxes to store everything in and mint extract to complete a mint chocolate cupcake with andes mints and a few other ingredients for the last fall flavor: gingerbread cinnamon.

Frosting should be fun. And... let's just say i'm super thankful my mom bought me an industrial-sized kitchen-aid for christmas last year. And a cake-decorating kit. Who knew...?

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.9

No comments: